Make The Most Of Our Services
- Read the notices posted in the surgery.
- Make sure you know the opening times of the surgery
- Find out how to arrange home visits, repeat prescriptions and urgent appointments.
- You may not always need to see a Doctor; ask what services the Nurse can provide.
- Keep your appointment or cancel it.
- Take a friend or relative with you if necessary.
- Tell the Receptionist at the time of booking your appointment if you need more time to speak to the Doctor, she may be able to arrange this.
- Think twice before making an appointment: Do you really need to see a Doctor?
- Have you tried simple home treatments?
- Find out how your Practice deals with complaints.
- Know how to contact the out of hours service.
How Your Local Pharmacist Can Help
- Advise about choosing the right medicines for common ailments
- Advise you if you are unsure about seeing a Doctor
- Offer advice about a problem if you are not sure what is causing it
- Give you advice about staying healthy.
- Be sure to tell your Pharmacist if you are taking other medicines – some medicines are not compatible.
- Register for online services to book a consultation with a Doctor/Nurse and order repeat prescriptions.